Prime Number Calculator
Select the type of calculation you want to perform.
Prime numbers are natural numbers which can be divided only by one and itself without a remainder. Here is some of the interesting facts about prime number.
- 0 and 1 are not prime numbers.
- None of the even numbers are prime numbers except '2' as they are divisible by 2.
- Any natural number which ends with 5 is not a prime number except '5' as they are divisible by 5.
- The largest prime number identified yet (Jan 2016) is 274,207,281-1. This prime was discovered on 17th Sep 2015.
- There is no such efficient formula to identify a prime number. Only sieve theories are available.
- To efficiently find primes between smaller numbers you can use Sieve of Eratosthenes theory.
- Some of the cryptography technologies like RSA uses large prime numbers.