JSLint.VS is a Java Script code analysis tool. This tool is an add-in for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008. This tool has been developed by an individual programmer.
Download Location: http://jslint.codeplex.com/
JSLint.VS is a standard Visual Studio add-in.
Steps to Install JSLint.VS:
- Close all instances of Visual Studio .NET
- Copy files to %My Documents%/Visual Studio 2005/Addins (if directory does not exist, create it)
- If you want to use Add-In in Visual Studio 2008, then copy to directory %My Documents%/Visual Studio 2008/Addins
- When you start Visual Studio you should have JSLint.VS entry in Tools -> Add-in Manager
- After installing the JSLint.VS you can see the tool in Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 Add-in manager.
- If you go to Tools menu you can see the JSLint.VS option menu listed on the top.
- The tools menu provides the option to automatically run the tool during build or not. If we choose to do the code review during the build time, then there are options to include or exclude the projects from the solution from being code reviewed. The errors identified during build time will be listed with the other build time errors or warnings.
- If needed, we can apply the code review on an individual java script file. Select a script file and right-click, select the “JSLint File” option to do code review against the java script file.
But the problem using this tool is, it’s not recognizing lot of JQuery scripts.
More Code Review Tools
See this article for the other code review tools I’ve used for .Net web application development.