If you have installed SQL Server 2012 on windows 8, you may not see the Configuration manager in the app list. SQL Server 2012 configuration manager is not a stand alone program. it is a snap-in for MMC (Microsoft Management Console). Follow the below steps in Windows 8 to open the Configuration Manager of SQL Server 2012 or 2008.
- Go to Windows 8 Start screen.
- Start typing in SQLServerManager11.msc if you are looking for SQL Server 2012 configuration manager. Type in SQLServerManager10.msc if you are looking for SQL Server 2008 configuration manager.
- In the result panel you can see the SQLServerConfiguration Manager.
- Click the icon to launch the SQL Server Configuration manager.
- The configuration manager will open in MMC.
Read about finding and opening configuration manager of SQL Server 2014, 2016, 2017 and later versions.
3 thoughts on “SQL Server 2012 Configuration Manager in Windows 8”
???? ?? ?????
Windows 2012 is a horrible interface, worst OS I have ever interacted with and I started with DOS 3.3
Great Thank you??
This default setting is quite disgusting