US Army Body Fat Percentage Calculator
Similar Fitness Calculators
About Army Body Fat Percentage Calculator
This calculator is used to calculate the body fat percentage based on USA's army formula.
Using Army Body Fat Percentage calculator
- Select the Gender.
- select the Age.
- Enter the Height either in feet/inches or centimeters.
- Enter the Neck circumference either in inches or centimeters. (See guidelines below for taking measurement.)
- Enter the Waist circumference either in inches or centimeters. (See guidelines below for taking measurement.)
- Enter the Hip circumference if you have selected Female in gender field. (See guidelines below for taking measurement.)
- Finally, click the Calculate Army BFP button. The body fat percentage based on USA's army formula will be calculated and the result will be displayed in the box below the button.
Guide For Measuring Neck Circumference
- Use someone's help for measuring your neck circumference.
- Be relaxed and look straight ahead.
- Circumference of the neck should be measured at a point just below the larynx (Adam's apple).
- Make sure shoulder muscles are not involved in the measurement
Guide For Measuring Waist Circumference
- Wear little cloth as possible.
- Stand straight with your feet close together.
- Keep your arms at the sides.
- Take the measurement after the end of a normal expiration.
- Measure the smallest circumference of the waist, one inch above the belly button. Repeat the measurements twice and take the average.
Guide For Measuring Hip Circumference
- Wear less cloth as possible.
- Stand in front of a full body mirror.
- Keep the feet close together with little space between them.
- Place the tape around the maximum circumference of the buttocks. Make sure the tape is in horizontal position.
- Breath normally. Take the measurement after the exhaust.
Army Body Fat Percentage (ABFP)
The US Army uses separate formulas for men and women to calculate the percentage of body fat.
Body Fat % = [86.010 x Log10(waist – neck)] – [70.041 x Log10(height)] + 36.76
Body Fat % = [163.205 x Log10(waist + hip – neck)] – [97.684 x Log10(height)] – 78.387
- waist = Waist Circumference in inches.
- hip = Hip Circumference in inches.
- neck = Neck Circumference in inches.
- height = Height in inches.
Acceptable Limit Of Body Fat %
Here is the table with the maximum allowable % body fat standards defined in Army Regulation 600–9 dated 28-June-2013.
||Body Fat of Women
||Body Fat of Men
|17 to 20
|21 to 27
|28 to 39
|40 & above
Page Last Modified On: Jul 15, 2021